Brainstorming as usual:
- Fashion dictums involve many IF-THEN-ELSE rules. One can convert this into a decision engine (inference engine).
- User specifies their body shape, and a recommendation engine selects suitable clothing for them, taking into account the user’s tastes.
- Upload an image of a dress you want to buy, and specify the dress’s given size. At the same time, upload your measurements. The algorithm then tells you the likelihood of fit.
- Upload your measurements. The algorithm searches for clothes that fit well.
- Upload your measurements. The algorithm searches for clothes that flatter your body shape.
- User submits 10+ images of dresses they like, with the option to add more. Moreover, they submit their measurements. The algorithm then designs dresses for them.
- Automate difficult design tasks. My model here is the AI drummer in GarageBand which provides very sophisticated beats, and which I use in all my songs.
- Enhance design. Algorithms can produce combinations that have not been thought of before. Here I envision designer as “pilot” and algorithm as “vehicle”.
- Create fiber optic dresses that light up responsively to movement, such that the changes in lighting accentuate curves.
If you would like to collaborate with me to these or similar ideas happen, I’m an extremely experienced data scientist and would love to work with you! Please contact me through Facebook if you are interested.
AI-Driven Fashion Show
Holding a fashion show for AI-created styles sounds fabulous!
See what tools exist already. See what APIs exist. Determine if measurement statistics are known. Investigate the Computer Science and Home Economics academic literature.
What data is out there?